Establishing New Service
For new service, please complete the Water and Trash Residential Service Form (PDF) and pay a $50 non-refundable water connection/application fee. All of these items must be received before water will be serviced.
Bill Due Dates
Utility bills are due the 10th of each month, all payments received after the due date will be assessed a penalty of 5% of the balance due. If the 10th falls on a weekend or holiday, utility bills will be due by 8am the first business day following the 10th to avoid late fees.
Disconnections & Cancellations
There is a $50.00 charge to disconnect/reconnect service due to non-payment. Payment arrangements must be made and signed 24 hours prior to disconnect day with the Utility Billing Specialist, or services will be disconnected.
To cancel service, fill out this form with the day you want service to end and a forwarding address. To update your information on your account, please fill out this form.
For More Information
Contact the Utility Department by phone at 316-744-2451.
Residential water base rate is $31.30
- 0 - 2,999 gallons: $3.86 per thousand gallons
- 3,000 - 5,999 gallons: $5.28 per thousand gallons
- 6000 - 11,999 gallons: $5.76 per thousand gallons
- 12,000 - 16,999 gallons: $5.91 per thousand gallons
- 17,000 - 24,999 gallons: $6.06 per thousand gallons
- 25,000 gallons and over: $6.12 per thousand gallons
Sewer Rates Residential sewer base rate is $35.93, volume base rate $6.50 per thousand gallons.
Sewer rates are adjusted yearly based on the Winter Average Consumption (WAC) of each homeowner's water usage during December, January and February.
If you haven't established a Winter Average Consumption, your sewer can be billed one of two ways:
- by the number of gallons of water used for that month (each month will be different)
- using a flat rate of 5,000 gallons (city average) each month (total = $68.43 each month)
Sewer Contact & Emergency Phone Numbers
Call the City Utility Office at 316-744-2451. If it is after hours or weekend emergency, please call Public Works Department at 316-761-6972 or 316-761-6973.
Stormwater Management Fee
This fee go towards maintaining and replacing stormwater items in the City such as:
- culverts - pipes used to allow water to flow under a road, railroad, etc.
- curbs - directs excess rain and ground water to designated drains
- storm drains - drains excess rain and ground water from streets, parking lots, sidewalks, etc.
Any questions regarding stormwater management, contact City Engineer Anne Stephens by e-mail or calling 744-2451 ext 133.