The Wichita Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (WAMPO) is inviting the public to help update the next long-range metropolitan transportation plan (MTP), which sets the vision and strategy for all regional transportation decision making for the next 20 years.
The next phase of work includes the consideration of a number of regional transportation project proposals and updates. They are asking the public to help review the list of proposed projects to be considered for the new long-range plan project list. Bel Aire has 11 projects on that list:
- 2.1 Bel Aire: Woodlawn (37th to 45th)
- 2.2 Bel Aire Rock Rd Union Pacific
- 2.3 Bel Aire Oliver 45th Intersection
- 2.4 Bel Aire Oliver St 37th St N to 45th St N
- 2.5 Bel Aire Nothern Intercity Biking and Walking Route
- 2.6 Bel Aire Woodlawn St E 45th St N to 53rd St N & Int. at 53rd St N and N Woodlawn St
- 2.8 N Oliver St: E 45th St N to 53rd St N
- 2.9 53rd St N: Oliver St to Woodlawn Blvd
- 2.1053rd St N and Lycee St Pedestrian Crossing
- 2.11 45th St N: Woodlawn St to Rock Rd
Information collected from the public will then be used during the decision-making process so your participation is crucial during this input stage!
So please, take some time, look at the map and take the quick three-question survey on any and all projects that are of interest to you! WAMPO and the City of Bel Aire thanks you in advance for your time and attention in helping us REIMAGINE the current plan and the best possible future for our region.