Fourth of July Reminders:
- No firework may be displayed, detonated, discharged, and/or ignited in a manner that may cause personal injury or property damage.
- Individuals who are at least 14 years old and under the age of 14 years old with adult supervision may detonate permitted fireworks between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. on the 4th of July, at a private residence, with the permission of an adult at that residence.
- Fireworks, which may be displayed, detonated, discharged, and/or ignited within the corporate limits of the City of Bel Aire shall only be those devices commonly known as fireworks as defined by the regulations of the Fire Marshal of the State of Kansas.
- The adult granting permission to detonate fireworks at a private residence shall clear the front yard of that private residence and all adjacent public right-of-way of all debris from the detonation of the fireworks before 10:00 p.m. July 5th.
- All luminaries have been banned by Sedgwick Country Fire District for 2013.
Have a safe and happy 4th of July!!!
Do you have storm damage?
Basic reroofing & siding information:
Bel Aire has adopted the 2000 IRC code in 2004
Roof coverings shall be applied in accordance with the applicable provisions of the IRC code section and the manufacturer's installation instructions
Bel Aire is in the Severe hail zone; therefore most reroofing projects require the removal of all layers of shingles before reroofing
Roof covering materials shall be delivered in packages bearing Manufacturer's identifying marks and approved testing agency labels
Flashing is required at wall and roof and intersections, around openings and change in direction and pitch including every location required per the manufacturer's instructions using No. 26 gage galvanized minimum
Valley lining is required per code
Underlayment is required per city code
Sidewall flashing shall be the step-method
Flashing is required above doors, windows, copings, trims, at decks and stair where they attach to the walls
Any reroof installation using a different type of material such as a concrete or metal rather than composition may require an engineer's stamped plan
Roof Ventilation is required per building code and manufacturer's requirements
Replacement of furnace vent pipe assemblies, exhaust fans, electrical boxes and devises requires the correct licensed trade personal to complete the work. Roofing licenses do not qualify
Caulking and flashing are code requirements to protect the envelope of the structure
Sheathing inspection are required; building permits must reflect the scope of the work to be completed
All siding and roofing work requires a permit, there is no exception based on number of square feet to replace.
Exterior walls shall provide the building with a weather-resistive wall envelope
We want to hear from you!
What would you like Bel Aire's budget priorities to be for 2014? The City Council would like to hear from citizens about what is important to you for the 2014 budget process.
Improving City streets has been identified as one priority. We have compiled a list of street repair projects and would like citizens to determine which locations are priorities. Because street repair projects are very expensive, it will not be possible to fund all repairs immediately, but with citizen input we hope to allocate funding to areas of utmost importance.
Please click on this link http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PYWCKT2 to respond to a short survey about City street projects and provide guidance for the 2014 budget process.
We thank you so much for your willingness to participate in making our City the best it can be and we look forward to another engaging and productive budget process.
Welcome to The City of Bel AireWelcome to the City of Bel Aire - City of the Future with Respect for It's Past! We feel the tagline of our community says a great deal of who we are, and what we believe. Our past delivered us to our present...commitment, dedication, and perseverance will boldly drive us into the future.
Bel Aire is an inviting community with strong businesses and wonderful people. With a population nearing 7,000 and its close proximity to Wichita, Bel Aire is afforded the amenities of big-city living, while being able to remain close to its small-town roots. In addition, nearby major transportation networks and available resources foster an environment of healthy business creation and expansion. These important characteristics make Bel Aire a great place to live, work, and raise a family. We invite you to take a look at our website, familiarize yourself with our community, and see for yourself why we are proud to call Bel Aire home!
Thank you for your virtual visit. If you have questions, we have answers. Contact us with any questions you may have and let's discuss why Bel Aire is the Metro's community of choice.
Bel Aire Quick Facts:
- Date of Incorporation: November 26, 1980
- Land Area: 6.83 sq. miles
- Elevation: 1,400 ft
- County: Sedgwick
- State: Kansas
- ZIP Code: 67220, 67226
- Time Zone: Central Standard Time (CST)
- Public School District: USD 259
- Private Schools:
- Government: Council - Manager
- Sales Tax: 7.30%
To find out more about Bel Aire, visit the US Census Bureau's Quick Facts about Bel Aire, KS